Are you interested in working for a company where you can utilize your skill set to its maximum potential? Are you interested in a career opportunity that will challenge you every day and give you an opportunity to learn new industries, skills and experience? Then Carrington Mortgage Holdings may be the perfect fit for you!
Founded in 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically integrated speciality finance company. Together, Carrington's Family of Companies directs every aspect of the life cycle of single family assets - from investment and origination through asset management and disposition. We offer an excellent career opportunity including opportunity for advancement, skills enhancement and excellent benefits.
We have a solid base of business units that are all growing. In this role, as a member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will support 18 different business lines including a national real estate brokerage company, mortgage origination, and mortgage servicing and property management. This is a high visibility position where you will have the chance to work directly with business leaders to learn about their challenges and design solutions.
The Database Administrator is responsible for all activities related to the deployment, implementation, and administration of databases including control, maintenance, and support of all database environments and related applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and administer MS SQL Server databases in support of in-house developed and vendor applications
- Develop, implement and execute maintenance plans to maximize availability, performance, and reliability of databases
- Develop and implement measures of availability, performance, and reliability of databases
- Develop, implement and execute a backup/disaster recovery plan for all databases via various technologies (log shipping, database mirroring, SAN replication, etc.)
- Performs strategic database planning as appropriate
- Review, plan, test and implement database upgrades while adhering to all change management policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with program owners in the review, planning, testing, and implementation of program upgrades dependent on database technology
- Advise, educate and make recommendations to system analysts and other staff on administration policies and procedures and technical methods
- Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity and performance problems
- Collects and presents relevant application and database performance statistics including server performance and trend analysis
- Represents Application Support team at meetings with other teams and business partners
- Guides development of technical documentation for production applications
- Documents business applications architecture and process flow using MS Visio or other modeling tool
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a MS SQL Server Database Administrator role
- 2+ years expereince in a Oracle Database Administrator role
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2000,2005, and 2008 database principles and utilities including databaase performance tuning
- Development experience with front-end database interfaces (.NET and/or Java preferred)
- Experience with Access and/or other databases
- MCITP certification preferred
Carrington Mortgage Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the company that applicants be considered for positions for which they qualify without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veterans status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. CMH will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship on the company.