Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC - Mortgage Servicing Division (CMS) is a fully-integrated mortgage company with a “high-touch” special servicing platform. Its primary objectives are to enable families to maintain homeownership while maximizing the value of the underlying assets for its investors.
The Carrington Family of Companies employs in excess of 2800 associates in various locations throughout the US. In addition to servicing, the Carrington Family of Companies provides a comprehensive menu of services in the real estate and mortgage industries and operates 16 lines of business.
We are currently looking for a Loan Servicing Specialist to support our team in Fishers, IN!
The Loan Servicing Specialist will provide professional and knowledgeable assistance to borrowers in a call center environment. Will receive inbound calls on a daily basis and respond to customer inquiries and concerns. Must quickly identify problems and provide effective solutions that best meet the needs of CMS and our borrowers. Will counsel borrowers on the best ways to bring their loans to a current state through education of alternatives for resolution. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Contact borrowers that are 0 to 120+ days delinquent, utilizing an automated dialing system (Aspect Dialer) for both inbound and outbound calls. Explain detailed mortgage loan information to borrowers, evaluate and determine the borrower’s ability to pay, and collect appropriate financial information.
- Receive inbound calls; research modification requests; provide status on payments and payoff inquiries; review short sale requests; provide vendor information on Real Estate Owned (REO) properties; verify payment history and new servicer contact information; assist with loan servicing website payments, denied access, password resets, and closing documents with customer concerns.
- Negotiate reasonable payment arrangements and or extended repayment plans with delinquent borrowers, in accordance with department policies and procedures and in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Suggest alternatives to borrowers who show an inability to pay, by offering loan modifications, short sales, Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, and/or possible refinancing.
- Perform basic skip-tracing on loans where no contact information is available. Request property chases and/or inspections as needed.
- Interact with different departments, checks status on a loss draft, short sale, Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, modification/refinance requests, payment/credit disputes, escrow refunds, vendors for REO properties, repayment plans, and down payments on foreclosure pending mortgages.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) to Five (5) years of related experience in customer service or call center environment required.
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act required
- Bi-Linqual a plus!
- Hours will be 11-8pm est.
Carrington Mortgage Services is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the company that applicants be considered for positions for which they qualify without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veterans status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. CMS will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship on the company.